What is your full name?
What are your responsibilities & achievements at this current position?
International Professional Learning Facilitators
Mohd Nadzrin bin Abdul Wahab
What year did you graduate?
What was your IRK & Human Sciences major in IIUM?
What was your degree specialisation?
What is your Current Position & Company?
- Learning Coach, Accenture Learning
- Professional Learning Facilitator, EnSync Learning
- Communications Director, International Professional Learning Facilitators
- Learning Coach - I conduct intensive preparatory training for Faculty: Managing Directors, Senior Managers, Managers and Consultants to deliver their expertise in employee developmental courses. I have conducted training in Malaysia, United States of America, India, The Philippines and Australia.
- Leadership & Development Program Instructor - I conduct leadership focused workshops at all levels of management.
- External Client Training - I conduct training for Accenture clients: a. Team Development b. Coaching. c. Faculty Development
- Delivery - I manage and execute training course projects during their delivery, which include logistics, facilities, accommodation and faculty support throughout the project's execution phase.
- Facilities Management - I assist in managing the upkeep and maintenance of the training facility.
- Professional Learning Facilitator for the following programs:
- CLEAR (Communicating Logically, Empathically And Responsively)
- SPEED (Solving Problems Efficiently, Effectively & Decisively)
- LEAP (Leading for Excellence And Performance)
- MODE (Managing Organisations Decisively & Efficiently)
- PREP (Professional, Responsive & Effective Presentations)
- SMILE (Self-Motivating In Life & Employment)
- CREED (Creating Readable, Expandable & Effective Documents)
- STREAM (Structuring Technical, Revisable, Expandable & Accessible Manuals)
- CREATE (Creating Reader Excitement & Awareness Through Emotions).
- WordSmith: Content creation, creative writing, translating and basic web setup.
- Managing Director: Manage overall day-to-day operations.
International Professional Learning Facilitators
- Manage and run public relations and communication affairs
- Manage PLF Family social media experience
- Innovate PLF concepts and products
Please share your work history, companies you've worked for, your responsibilities in each role and your achievements in those roles
- 2014 - Present: Communication Director, International Professional Learning Facilitators
- 2013 - Present: Professional Learning Facilitator & owner, EnSync Learning Sdn Bhd
- 2008 - Present: Learning Coach, Accenture Learning (Accenture Solutions Sdn Bhd)
- 2006 - 2008: Instructor cum Project Specialist, Tactics Asia Sdn Bhd
- 2005 - 2006: Self-employed, Tryden Communication
- 2005 - 2005: Executive, Office of the Strategist, About Communication Sdn Bhd
- 2005 - 2005: Director of Sales & Marketing, Whyfit Sport Adventure Sdn Bhd
- 2001 - 2004: Editor, Jalur Citranusa (M) Sdn Bhd
What are some of the challenges you faced as a IRK & Human Sciences student while you were studying at IIUM?
When I was a student, I had no interest in studying certain subjects, which was difficult, as there were some courses which I had to take, like Malaysian Legal System I and Statistics, which I failed spectacularly at. Being an average student, even from school, I didn't have effective study skills early on, and none of my roommates were Comm students like me. So, I had excuses galore.
Added to that, I had low self-esteem and a lack of motivation to look forward to a career. Basically, I was still very child-like and went with the flow. My finances were bad, and although I had JPA's support, my parents weren't well-to-do, so I chose to dabble in business to keep me afloat.
Being brought up typically urban entering IIUM, I sought to improve my religious knowledge and practise. However, that proved a struggle to pay attention to. Still is, actually, twenty years later. I had no real ambitions, didn't know what I wanted to do and I was afraid of trying new things for fear of failing.
What are some of the challenges you faced as a fresh graduate?
- Applying for jobs that I don't know how to do. I did not target my applications well.
- Had a lack of good interpersonal skills and ended up blaming other people.
- An inflated ego after getting a job.
- Lack of expenditure control.
- Following other people's habits (lack of core values).
- Every bad habit or behaviour I had appeared and was amplified and noticed by colleagues and employers.
- Sense of loneliness as I was cut off from my university friends.
What advice would you give to IRK & Human Sciences students seeking to pursue careers using their qualifications?
- Always depend on Allah. Never depend on people.
- Always tell the truth.
- Always deliver on your promises.
- Do everything with passion and determination. If you can't, find something that you can do passionately.
- As long as it is not haram, makruh, sinful, do whatever you want to attain al falah.
- Every goal has a method to achieve it. Learn the method or ask someone who knows it to help you attain it.
- Start working on your online CV at a job portal and constantly update it with your experience.
What else would you like to tell the IRK & Human Sciences students currently studying at IIUM?
- Love your parents and serve them faithfully.
- Differentiate yourself from others by branding yourself.
- Develop strong communication skills in key languages.
- Discipline yourself.
- Do everything out of love. When you do something out of hate, it will lead to destruction.
If you would like to ask more, email to: email@example.com